BUILDING PROCESS AND GUIDE
TAILORED TO YOUR PERSONAL STYLE
We offer several ways to put your personal touch on your new home. Our stunning design studio based in North Scottsdale, Arizona showcases thousands of unique finishes and a friendly design team to help you express your style. Tailored by Morgan Taylor Homes provides an elevated custom home-building experience with your own specialized team.
Carefully consider the following aspects of your Tailored Home and be sure to discuss them with your team. Planning ahead can streamline the process and avoid any potential headaches.
Check out our available lot listings! Many of these properties can fit a custom home, and we have access to inventory throughout the state of Arizona.
Once you’ve located a piece of land, it’s time to start thinking about the specifics of your home, particularly the floor plan. TAILORED’S in-house architectural manager will assist you during the decision-making process.
Needs vs. Wants
Determine what your custom floor plan needs by answering the following questions:
- What is the minimum or maximum square footage you, an H.O.A., or the land requires?
- What are your required bedroom and bathroom count?
- What do you need for garage space?
- Is this a single-level or multi-level home?
- What is the architectural style of this home?
Once the baseline is established, our team can help you determine how best to incorporate your wants and dreams!
The following list includes some of our most commonly asked for features:
- Formal and/or informal living spaces
- Home office
- Eat-in kitchen
- Gourmet kitchen
- Formal dining room
- Teen/children’s playroom
- Media room
- Home gym
- Hobby room
- Casita/guest house
- Pool house
- Outdoor living spaces
- Courtyard entry
EXTERIOR DESIGN ELEMENTS TO CONSIDER:
- ARCHITECTURAL STYLE: Modern, Traditional, Southwestern, Mid-Century, and Farmhouse are popular options, but the choice is yours. This will greatly influence the rest of your home’s design and style.
- ROOF STYLE: This will be influenced by your preferred architectural style and any environmental or maintenance considerations.
- HARDSCAPE, LANDSCAPE, AND POOL DESIGN: Create a cohesive home experience by choosing elements in line with your overall architectural style and surrounding environment.
INTERIOR DESIGN ELEMENTS TO CONSIDER:
- KITCHEN DESIGN: the kitchen is the heart of the home and where you will spend a lot of time. Think about countertops, cabinets, appliances, and backsplashes.
- BATHROOM DESIGN: Think about your shower or tub configurations and if you want your cabinets and countertops to match the kitchen. Consider wall tile options as well.
- FLOORING: What kind do you prefer? Wood, tile, or carpet?
- INTERIOR TRIM: Think about baseboards, casing, and style.
- PLUMBING FIXTURES AND HARDWARE: Do you prefer matte or shiny finishes? Bronze, nickel, chrome, or stainless steel?
- INTERIOR LIGHTING FIXTURES: Your preferred style of hardware and architectural design are likely to influence what style of lighting you put in your home.
OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Fireplaces - both exterior and interior
- Wet or Dry Bars
- Media/Entertainment Rooms
- “Smart” Features/Home Automation
- Dog Doors and Pet Washing Stations
- Beverage Centers/Wine Chillers
- Custom Closet Spaces
- RV Garages or Boat Barns
- Balconies, Porches, and Decks
- Built-In Cabinetry
THE NEXT STEPS
Are you ready to get started? Set up a time to meet or call with your Tailored team and discuss the decisions you’ve made and have your questions answered.
Your Tailored team will guide you through the entire process.
Some things to look forward to are:
Working hand in hand with architects and designers.
A dedicated project manager to oversee the construction of your home.
Professional and experienced interior designers to help you bring your vision to life.
HOWEVER, THE MOST EXCITING THING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IS A HOME TAILOR-MADE JUST FOR YOU!