AZ Custom Home Builders
Looking for the best custom home builder in Arizona? Take a brief look at what we can offer you at Morgan Taylor Homes and how we differ from other Arizona Home Builders.
About Morgan Taylor Homes
At Morgan Taylor Homes we know what Arizona buyers are looking for in a new construction home. As the largest custom home builder in the Phoenix area, we have been making waves in the Arizona semi-custom and custom home market since 2007. Our focus is on providing an exemplary home buying experience and building high-quality homes throughout Arizona and beyond.
We understand that you have many options when it comes to building a new home, which is why we have put together the following information to assist you as you begin your homebuying journey.
The Difference Between Production, Semi-Custom, and Custom Homes:
Most home builders either fit into the category of being a production, semi-custom, or custom home builder. At Morgan Taylor Homes we specialize in semi-custom and custom homes.
- Production Home Builders: A production builder has a set number of house plans they use repeatedly. These homes are typically built in a master-planned community setting with smaller yards and homeowner associations. A production builder is also unlikely to allow any significant modifications to their plans and will only provide a small range of options for the homebuyer. Interior finish selections are generally pretty limited with only a few packages available to choose from.
- Semi-custom Home Builders: Semi-Custom home builders have an existing library of home plans, but will allow the homebuyer more flexibility in modifying the plans to their tastes and lifestyle. You are also allowed more freedom in the location of the home as semi-custom homes can be built on your lot or on the builder’s lot. They are usually not part of master-planned communities like production homes and are constructed on larger lots. Depending on your preferences you can build this type of home in a lot with or without a homeowner’s association. The selections for interior finishes are much more varied than production homes and you can colorize the exterior of your home.
- Custom Home Builders: If you are looking to build your dream home to your exact specifications, then you are more than likely looking for a custom builder. These properties are usually going to be luxury homes with every detail having been curated to the homebuyer’s exact tastes and needs. Custom homes have the most involved building process of any new construction property. You should expect to work closely with architects, designers, and engineers when you build a custom home. The interior and exterior finish selections will be as limitless as your budget and vision allow, but overall you can expect premium materials throughout and a unique home design.
How to Choose the Right Home Builder:
As you have most likely noticed, there are many Arizona home builders to choose from. However, selecting the right home builder for your needs, lifestyle, and budget is easier said than done. According to the National Association of Home Builders, here are a few of the things you should consider when choosing a builder:
- Determine the type of home you want between custom, semi-custom, or production.
- Research builders within your chosen category and make sure your priorities in a home are aligned. This usually means that the builder is constructing within your desired location and budget.
- Take a good look at their floor plan selections and how they fit with your lifestyle.
- Drive through the communities and areas in which those home builders operate.
- Stop and talk to homeowners who can share their experiences.
- Make sure they have a timeline of when key projects will be completed.
Once you have narrowed down your list of home builders based on your specific criteria, it is highly recommended that you take the time to interview each potential builder. This is a major decision that will directly impact more than just your home-building journey. We suggest taking a deeper and more thorough look at the builder’s overall reputation, build quality, and dedication to the buyer experience.
Why Choose Morgan Taylor Homes as Your Custom Home Builder?
If you have ultimately decided to build a custom home, then you have definitely come to the right place! When you build a custom home with us, you are instantly elevated into our Tailored by Morgan Taylor Homes division. The following are just some of the reasons why a Tailored home is the best choice for your new custom home.
- Every Tailored homebuyer has a dedicated and experienced team of professionals guiding them throughout the process. Unlike many other custom home builders, your Tailored team is all under one roof so there is no need to keep track or source your own subcontractors and materials. You will work with your own architect, project manager, and designer to ensure your vision turns into reality.
- A Tailored home is also a great value! Thanks to the great relationships we have fostered with our vendors, we are able to pass on our volume savings to you. That means you can rest assured that you are not paying the exorbitant premium that often comes with building a custom home.
- A good value does not mean you should sacrifice quality. Our standards are anything but standard. Our Tailored homes come standard with premium finishes and deluxe selections that are well above industry standards. This includes, but is not limited to, concrete pavers, stainless steel built-in kitchen appliance packages, deluxe stainless and steel plumbing fixtures. Our partnered vendors, brands, and subcontractors are highly reputable and respected. Some of our featured brands and partners include Bedrosians, Delta Plumbing, Arizona Tile, and GE Cafe.
- We can build your custom home just about anywhere in Arizona, including Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Sedona, and many other locations!
Again, those are just a few of the reasons why Morgan Taylor Homes is the custom home builder for you! For further informational reading, we invite you to explore the rest of our blog and website. If you would like to get started on your dream home right away, give us a call at 480-626-1555.
This blog was revised 03.09.2021
Are you in the process of building a home on your own lot and hearing the term “Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)” being thrown around? Or perhaps, you’re in the process of trying to figure out how to best care for your aging parents and are weighing your housing options, and an “Accessory Dwelling Unit” has …
Buying a house is always a big decision, and for many, it will be the biggest purchase they ever make. So buying a home is not a decision you want to make on a whim or take lightly. Smart buyers will do research about home buying when they begin their search, and even wiser buyers …
As retirement is approaching, you may be beginning to consider your options for where you’d like to settle down in your golden years. Of course, sunny Florida is a popular option, or perhaps a coastal city such as Charleston. But are you ready for the humidity and flat terrain? If not, these locations may not …
When you walk through a home that hasn’t been updated since the 70s, you know it. Wood paneling, upholstered furniture, sunken living rooms, and orange and green velvet are everywhere. These home design trends were all the rage in their time. But unfortunately (or fortunately), they faded out just as fast as they appeared. So …
If you have ever built your own home or made extensive renovations to an existing home, then you know there are hundreds if not thousands of choices to make and options to consider. It is honestly one of the primary reasons that homeowners turn away from new construction. But it can also be one of …
Searching for your dream home can be quite a task. Especially when you just can’t seem to find a home that checks every box on your list. Of course, you can buy an existing home that is as close to perfect as possible and then complete renovations to your liking, but there is a better …
Some design trends come and go, but one aesthetic that never goes out of style is sleek, modern design for the functional spaces in your home. Whether you’re an avid gathering host or you prefer a quiet night in, having the right modern kitchen design for your lifestyle can completely transform the overall look and …
The home buying process can be an overwhelming experience, whether you’re a seasoned property owner or a first-time buyer. But if you’re ready to finally score your dream home and maximize the long-term benefits of this life-changing investment, then buying a new construction home is one of the easiest ways to build a stable, loving …
Your kitchen is the heart and soul of your home. But if modern minimalistic designs like these don’t exactly give you warm and fuzzy feelings, you might find yourself struggling to achieve the cozy kitchen corner of your dreams without compromising on great style. Sound familiar? Then it’s time to embrace the growing rustic kitchen …
After a record low of 2.65% in 2021, forecasters projected mortgage rates to rise between 3.27% and 3.88% in 2022. Now they’re almost as high as 6% for the typical 30-year fixed mortgages. Normal variables that affect home-buying decisions may not necessarily apply this year due to unusual market fluctuations. High mortgage rates and other …