AZ Custom Home Builders
Looking for the best custom home builder in Arizona? Take a brief look at what we can offer you at Morgan Taylor Homes and how we differ from other Arizona Home Builders.
About Morgan Taylor Homes
At Morgan Taylor Homes we know what Arizona buyers are looking for in a new construction home. As the largest custom home builder in the Phoenix area, we have been making waves in the Arizona semi-custom and custom home market since 2007. Our focus is on providing an exemplary home buying experience and building high-quality homes throughout Arizona and beyond.
We understand that you have many options when it comes to building a new home, which is why we have put together the following information to assist you as you begin your homebuying journey.
The Difference Between Production, Semi-Custom, and Custom Homes:
Most home builders either fit into the category of being a production, semi-custom, or custom home builder. At Morgan Taylor Homes we specialize in semi-custom and custom homes.
- Production Home Builders: A production builder has a set number of house plans they use repeatedly. These homes are typically built in a master-planned community setting with smaller yards and homeowner associations. A production builder is also unlikely to allow any significant modifications to their plans and will only provide a small range of options for the homebuyer. Interior finish selections are generally pretty limited with only a few packages available to choose from.
- Semi-custom Home Builders: Semi-Custom home builders have an existing library of home plans, but will allow the homebuyer more flexibility in modifying the plans to their tastes and lifestyle. You are also allowed more freedom in the location of the home as semi-custom homes can be built on your lot or on the builder’s lot. They are usually not part of master-planned communities like production homes and are constructed on larger lots. Depending on your preferences you can build this type of home in a lot with or without a homeowner’s association. The selections for interior finishes are much more varied than production homes and you can colorize the exterior of your home.
- Custom Home Builders: If you are looking to build your dream home to your exact specifications, then you are more than likely looking for a custom builder. These properties are usually going to be luxury homes with every detail having been curated to the homebuyer’s exact tastes and needs. Custom homes have the most involved building process of any new construction property. You should expect to work closely with architects, designers, and engineers when you build a custom home. The interior and exterior finish selections will be as limitless as your budget and vision allow, but overall you can expect premium materials throughout and a unique home design.
How to Choose the Right Home Builder:
As you have most likely noticed, there are many Arizona home builders to choose from. However, selecting the right home builder for your needs, lifestyle, and budget is easier said than done. According to the National Association of Home Builders, here are a few of the things you should consider when choosing a builder:
- Determine the type of home you want between custom, semi-custom, or production.
- Research builders within your chosen category and make sure your priorities in a home are aligned. This usually means that the builder is constructing within your desired location and budget.
- Take a good look at their floor plan selections and how they fit with your lifestyle.
- Drive through the communities and areas in which those home builders operate.
- Stop and talk to homeowners who can share their experiences.
- Make sure they have a timeline of when key projects will be completed.
Once you have narrowed down your list of home builders based on your specific criteria, it is highly recommended that you take the time to interview each potential builder. This is a major decision that will directly impact more than just your home-building journey. We suggest taking a deeper and more thorough look at the builder’s overall reputation, build quality, and dedication to the buyer experience.
Why Choose Morgan Taylor Homes as Your Custom Home Builder?
If you have ultimately decided to build a custom home, then you have definitely come to the right place! When you build a custom home with us, you are instantly elevated into our Tailored by Morgan Taylor Homes division. The following are just some of the reasons why a Tailored home is the best choice for your new custom home.
- Every Tailored homebuyer has a dedicated and experienced team of professionals guiding them throughout the process. Unlike many other custom home builders, your Tailored team is all under one roof so there is no need to keep track or source your own subcontractors and materials. You will work with your own architect, project manager, and designer to ensure your vision turns into reality.
- A Tailored home is also a great value! Thanks to the great relationships we have fostered with our vendors, we are able to pass on our volume savings to you. That means you can rest assured that you are not paying the exorbitant premium that often comes with building a custom home.
- A good value does not mean you should sacrifice quality. Our standards are anything but standard. Our Tailored homes come standard with premium finishes and deluxe selections that are well above industry standards. This includes, but is not limited to, concrete pavers, stainless steel built-in kitchen appliance packages, deluxe stainless and steel plumbing fixtures. Our partnered vendors, brands, and subcontractors are highly reputable and respected. Some of our featured brands and partners include Bedrosians, Delta Plumbing, Arizona Tile, and GE Cafe.
- We can build your custom home just about anywhere in Arizona, including Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Sedona, and many other locations!
Again, those are just a few of the reasons why Morgan Taylor Homes is the custom home builder for you! For further informational reading, we invite you to explore the rest of our blog and website. If you would like to get started on your dream home right away, give us a call at 480-626-1555.
This blog was revised 03.09.2021
Building your custom dream home is an extremely exciting endeavor! When you’ve been saving up and making plans for any period of time it can be tempting to go all out and opt for every upgrade and perfect finish that you’ve always dreamed of. If that is affordable, then go for it! But sometimes when …
After the unprecedented and stress filled events of the last year, it is no surprise that home trends report that homeowners are looking to implement calming and peaceful features into their homes. After spending greater amounts of time at home, the living room has lost its place as the central focus of the home and …
Your home should be your haven, your place of safety and rest. When building a custom home, you have the unique position of ensuring that your home is truly that. By adding special features and custom safety aspects, you can guarantee that you have peace of mind while living in your new dream home. Below …
When purchasing an existing home, one of the most important aspects to consider for the future is the resale value. It may seem odd to consider selling your home before you’ve even moved in. Still, your future self will thank you for taking the time to consider every aspect of the house and its value. …
Have you made the decision to build your dream home? You are probably so excited to begin picking out paint colors and tile and select those finishing touches that will make the new house feel like your home. Before you dive into design choices, there are a few critical decisions to make and many questions …
One of the most exciting aspects of building a custom home is getting to design it from the inside out. This part of the process is where your dream truly comes to life as you can tailor each element to make the house your home. At your Design Center Meeting, you will meet with a …
One of the most common questions asked by home buyers looking to build a home is: “Are custom homes more expensive?” And the simple answer to that question will always be: It depends. Of course, that is not the answer anyone wants to hear, but to answer truthfully, many factors affect a custom home cost. …
They say, “the kitchen is the heart of the home,” making it no surprise that homebuyers pay extra attention to the kitchen when looking for a new home. The kitchen tends to be one of the most utilized rooms in the house, as it is here where family and friends congregate to cook, create, and …
The house building and design processes require making many decisions. These include finding a lot, choosing the right builder, selecting a floor plan, and picking your design selections. The entire process can seem very overwhelming if you try to take it on all at once. The good news is that there are steps and stages …
Some of the most fun aspects of home building are touring model homes, exploring floor plans, and selecting design elements. However, choosing the floor plan is the biggest decision you will make early on in the process. Before even thinking about breaking ground on your new build home make sure the floor plan is a …